Monday, April 4, 2011

Salmon Patties

One of my favorite quick and easy! Grew up with them, too, so they're comfort food =)

My Mom's Salmon Patties

1 - 1# can salmon - she uses red I use pink; price and I don't taste much difference
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 C fine bread crumbs
Salt and pepper to taste
1Tbl lemon juice
1/4C butter - or olive oil or margarine but the butter makes a difference in flavor!

Add canned salmon to eggs.  Crush the *&^% out of the fish.  I use a fork.... Mix well.  Add all but butter and blend.  Melt butter in large frying pan.  Brown patties med high at first to low later in the butter.  Garnish with parsley - lemons - limes - cilantro - whatever you fancy!

I serve with green beans - must be french cut for some reason.  Canned then I add some garlic powder and I crush up a few almonds.  AND! Mashed potatoes!!!! gotta have the mashed potatoes!

They are great next day cold with mayo - or reheat.  They also freeze really well - cooked or uncooked. 

Ingredients - I use Jewel brand potato flakes because they are gluten free.  My daughter has celiac's and it has become habit to look at the label.  Frankly, I think we all should because this intolerance is on the rise in the whole world,,,if an ingredient is not necessary to a product why is it there? Pre-shredded cheeses add flour to help keep the "shreds" from sticking together -

That's the canned salmon added to beaten eggs (good man friend said hey maybe I can follow these pictures - you know
 who you are, you CAN make this!)




Mix it all up - I use CLEAN hands (for aforementioned man) Diablo bit me,,,it hurt

For patty size and pan size - get that butter bubbly hot before putting in(but not not not brown), brown fast,  flip once, brown other side quickly then lower to cook inside, flipping again  - sometimes I cover most times I'm toooo hungry =)
Can of french cut green beans some garlic powder (I don't use garlic salt or fresh garlic here) and smoosh those nuts in a paper towel with a can opener - or anything else you have close by =) Fresh garlic would overpower the beans and I don't much like salt anymore,,,

I'm HUNGRY!  I made this a few weeks ago while in planning - wow - always have this on hand tho =) off to cook em again!!!!!!!!!!

hugs =)

No comments:

Post a Comment