Saturday, April 9, 2011

Easy Salsa

Friend coming over! oh no =) Decided to throw together some salsa...had the scoops fritoes and tortilla...

Opened a large can of chopped tomatoes - had on hand onions celery parsley - chop chop =) And in my freezer I always have some frozen chipotle peppers in adobo sauce.  I make a recipe that calls for 3 of the peppers in the can.  The can comes with about 12.  I freeze the rest of the can in a mini muffin tin.  Then into a freezer proof bag.  I got the turkey chili recipe from Cooking Light magazine.  I was not the only one to make a mistake...never having used them before =) They printed an apology - they said when we said use 3 ,,, we didn't mean 3 CANS! So watch these peppers they are HOT! I used about half of what you see chopped up in pic - and it was still tooo dang hot =) And garlic powder - my friend loved it =)

No comments:

Post a Comment